Our mission and identity
We are a community of people with and without intellectual disabilities. For us, the community is a place of belonging, growth, and celebration. We believer in our mutual need for one another and in the unique beauty of every person. Jean Vanier, the founder of L’Arche, wanted it to be a place where every person, regardless of their abilities, will find their place and where they’ll be able to contribute to the building of a more humane society.
Zajednica Arka pravno djeluje kao udruga Korablja. Dio smo međunarodne obitelji – mreže zajednica Arka (franc. L’Arche) koje postoje u više od 40 zemalja u svijetu, a koje su okupljene unutar krovne organizacije L’Arche International
Kao simbol, arka označava novi početak, novi život i gradnju boljeg svijeta. Svi su pozvani ući u arku.
- We are people with and without intellectual disabilities. We share life in communities connected to an international federation
- Mutual relationships and trust in God are at the heart of our lives
- We believe in the unique value of each person and our need for each other.
- To enable the discovery of the gifts of persons with intellectual disabilities through the nurturing of mutual relations. Such relationships give birth to the change of the people involved in them.
- To act in our cultures and together to build as humane a society as possible.
- Develop a community environment in line with the needs of our members, which are constantly changing, remaining true to the founding values of our history
Fellowship is born in mutual openness between people and in their mutual acceptance, where nobody comes in with suggestions or expectations; instead, everybody finds their peace and joy through being together.